So, you have decided to close your business or move it to another payroll provider. Whether this is a good thing or a bad thing we are sorry to see you leave us. We know you have a lot to do to finish up your Business’s books so creating your T4s and ROEs is very simple.
When you shut down your business you are required to submit ROEs to Service Canada for your employees.
If you are moving to a new payroll provider this is strongly recommended. You would select the reason for the ROE as "changing payroll provider" and Service Canada will store them as interim. When you hire them in your new system enter the day following the final pay period in PayEvo (e.g. final pay period ends April 15th, hire in new software April 16th). Doing this before you go means that if you have to terminate them in the future you can easily issue an ROE from your new program and Service Canada will combine them.
To terminate your employees and create ROEs follow the steps HERE:
Creating Tax Forms
You will only need to create T4/T4As/RL-1s IF you are closing your business. If you are moving to a new service provider, bring your employee YTD information to your new provider and you can issue T4s at year end.
To create your T4s:
A. Go to ACTIONS
B. Click YEAR END
C. Click on the REVIEW YTD page and review to confirm all information is up to date.
D. Click on CREATE/VIEW T4
*You can repeat these steps at year-end, and generate slips for filing with the CRA/Revenu Quebec
If you need further help, please click HERE
Gather Your Documents
Once you close your account your data will be archived and you will not have easy access to it. Fees may apply to reopen it. Please make sure you take whatever reports you need prior to closing the account.
We strongly recommend downloading the following reports from your profile:
- ePay Direct Deposit- a history of all the money movement from your bank. Copy and paste into a word document. Consider filtering by Remittances and Fees to have those items separated out.
- Employee T4/RL-1 for EACH tax year you used PaymentEvolution- tax slips for your employees
- Year to Date Summary and Year to Date Journal- for each tax year you had an account. On the top right of your screen select a tax year and then go to each of these reports and click Create New Report. Download the PDF. Repeat for each tax year.
- Pay run History- a complete history of each completed pay run by tax year. Run for each tax year and download PDF or Excel spreadsheet.
- Billing- this can be found under REPORTS>ACCOUNTING>BILLING. This will detail all fees charged to your bank account and includes our tax number.
You may also want to download / archive other reports you used regularly - these can be accessed in the REPORTS menu.
Closing your Account
Once you have completed all these items you can choose to close your account with us or not. Your account will remain active until your expiry date (on the Business Plan) and up to 3 months (green plan) unless you manually close it.
To close your account,
E. Go to SETTINGS
F. Click COMPANY PROFILE
G. Choose the ACCOUNT DETAILS tab
H. Click the PLEASE CLOSE MY ACCOUNT button
Once these steps are complete, you will no longer be able to access the account, but employees will still have access to PayChequer for their history for the following 30 days.
This is required for the Business Plus and Business Basic plans to stop any further billing.