Whether you have incorporated or changed owners or whatever the case may be, you now have a new CRA number.  Please DO NOT change the CRA number on your account as this will affect your reporting and is incorrect according to CRA.  You need to maintain any reports associated with the old CRA number independently for audit purposes.  So, instead you need to shut down your current business and open a new one.

See HERE for how to shut down your business

The basics are:

  1. Issue ROEs for all employees from old company
  2. Issue T4s for all employees from old company
  3. Gather any records you need from your old company


Opening a New Account

To get started with your new CRA nuber follow these instructions;

  1. Go here to choose your PLAN and enter the information for your new account
    Pro-Tip: you will need a new email address
  2. Hire all employees as new (make sure you filed those ROEs)
  3. Complete a new Epay form for your new business with the new email and new CRA number (fee will apply)


Your old account will be closed when payment is moved.  All data will remain but you will no longer have access to it once the subscription is moved.  Contact us if you need access to the old account.

Spelling nadGrammar us  ifSpelling Epay