PaymentEvolution has a multi-faceted and comprehensive approach to service continuity, including potential effects of outbreaks like COVID-19. While there is no anticipated impact to PaymentEvolution’s operation of our services, we are providing the following details regarding our ongoing work supporting service continuity should the situation change.
PaymentEvolution is making a number of free resources available to small businesses:
COVID-19 information pertinent to your business is available from our blog
COVID-19 policies and templates are available from our HR experts.
The Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers calculation is now available (eligible plans with electronic remittances).
Details on the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy
PaymentEvolution has a comprehensive business continuity program that encompasses not only system and infrastructure availability, but also operational considerations should personnel be affected.
Specific to COVID-19, we are addressing the following key areas:
Impact to systems: does the outbreak have potential impact on our systems used to deliver payroll, payments, HR and benefits?
Impact from partners: if a supplier, partner or add-on is affected, how does this impact the PaymentEvolution service?
Impact to people: are we prepared should there be an impact to the individuals responsible for delivering service to our customers?
There are many other considerations we’ve addressed through our continuity plans and testing. This communication is specific to COVID-19.
Impact to Systems
First, it is important to note that there are no known impacts to the PaymentEvolution service and we continually monitor and publicly post availability at http://status.paymentevolution.com
- Service operations – one of the benefits of a cloud service is the ability to reallocate resources dynamically and mitigate against specific hardware or site failures
- Supporting systems – our services are architected to permit secure remote management and administration. We see no effect in our ability to manage the systems that support PaymentEvolution services and have confirmed adequate capacity for staff to work remotely at scale.
- External systems – we are working with our infrastructure partners to ensure there is little or no impact from interruptions any one supplier.
Impact from Partners
PaymentEvolution has planned and tested redundancy in its supply chain to ensure continued operation of services.
- Banking partners – we are in regular contact with our banking partners to ensure the secure and robust mechanisms for money movement continue to be available should the virus spread significantly in Canada. We maintain relationships with multiple payment infrastructure partners to mitigate against the failure or partial failure of any one supplier.
- Integration partners – While PaymentEvolution provides robust add-on and integration partner support, there is a risk if your specific integration partner is unavailable. For payroll processing, this may mean the posting of payroll GLs would be delayed until the integration partner is operational. If you use a third-party time keeping system, you may need to manually enter these time records into your profile for payment processing. For business payments, there is the risk that PaymentEvolution would not be able to poll your specific preferred service for outstanding payables. Note – this does not impact our ability to send payments, just the ability to determine which invoices to pay. The PaymentEvolution service is architected to be independent and not reliant on these connections. While you will still have the ability to manage employees, process payroll and perform other functions, communication with these third-party systems may be affected.
Impact to People
As one of Canada’s largest providers of payroll, payments and benefits management systems we have the capability of ensuring continued operations with multiple subject matter experts.
- Employees responsible for managing the service all have access to necessary resources to work remotely or from home.
- A planned on-call rotation for continued support should issues arise and responsible individuals fall ill.
Actions you can take:
- Ensure your staff use PayChequer (https://help.paymentevolution.com/hc/en-us/articles/214583003-How-do-I-setup-PayChequer-) to view their pay slips and tax history. This will allow them to retrieve this information without reliance on paper documents and mitigate against the risk of document filing locations becoming unavailable.
- Use electronic payments (https://help.paymentevolution.com/hc/en-us/articles/205660065-Setup-ePay-direct-deposit). If personnel are unable to travel to pick up cheques or you are unable to print them, electronic payments will still ensure staff are paid on time.
- PaymentEvolution is releasing (for free) COVID-19 policies and templates you can use in your own business. Our team is also available to help answer any questions you may have regarding these policies or other HR issues.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your PaymentEvolution service, please send us a note email@example.com