You can use the free PayChequer site to give your employees online access to their pay history. The service is included with all our plans and provides your staff their full pay history, detailed pay stubs for all their pay periods and secure, online access to year-end tax information (like T4 slips).
Here's how to setup employee access to PayChequer:
- Login to your Payroll account and go to and select Company Profile. Edit your profile and enter a unique company identifier under Company Alias. This will be used by your staff to login later.
- Go back to settings and select Payroll Options. Ensure that employee notifications is checked:
Each time you add a new employee, they will receive an invitation to set their login credentials for PayChequer.com. To ensure employees receive this notification, make sure you enter their personal and/or company email address in their profile.
In addition, each time you process a pay run for an employee, an email notification will be sent to the email address you've entered in their profile.
- You've completed the setup for PayChequer.
Editing employees / adding employee access
- If you need to setup your staff, navigate to the EMPLOYEES area.
- EDIT the employee and fill in the information for "employee access" under the "personal information" tab > Security type: level of access you wish to grant the individual. "Employee" allows them to see their own pay history only. "Timekeeper" allows them to enter timesheets on behalf of employees in your company. "Payroll Manager" allows them to perform full payruns. Please see _ Permissions_ for more details.
Employee number: The pre-assigned employee number for the individual. Make note of this number - you'll need to provide it to your employee.
Password: 8 character password - the system will assign a random one and the employee will be prompted to change it upon first login.
- If you've setup employee notifications, they will receive an email shortly inviting them to use PayChequer to view their payslips.
Resetting an employee's password
- Navigate to the EMPLOYEES area
- EDIT the employee and on the "personal information" tab, click the button EMAIL PAYSLIP INVITATION
- The employee will receive an email inviting them to set / reset their login password.
- Alternatively you can manually assign an employee password, BUT if you do this please ONLY click SAVE, NOT "email login details," and then provide the employee with this password and have them go directly to their paychequer to login and change manually if they choose.
Email invitation example
Here's a sample of the email your employees will receive when invited to use PayChequer:
Email notification example
Introducing online payslips to your staff is easy but the following will help with your rollout.
- Make online payslips a condition of employment. This will allow you to offer online payslips to any new hires without separate consent. In most provinces, existing employees will need to be asked whether they want online payslips. A simple consent form is sufficient and should be retained on record by you. Remember, online payslips are more secure and convenient than printed stubs.
- Help your staff move. Use this help article to share with employees the steps they'll take to access PayChequer. You can also use this short introduction video: