Deducting additional / extra tax
If you need to deduct extra or additional tax for an employee, you can easily add these amounts to your payrun. First determine if you need to do a one time extra deduction or if you will need to deduct an amount over multiple payruns.
One time deduction
- Log into your payroll account and start your payrun as normal.
- At the REVIEW stage select the employee from the drop down list you wish to deduct additional tax for and modify the FEDERAL TAX or *NEW EXTRA INCOME TAX field.
- SAVE the record and complete your payrun. Your remittance report and your employee payslips will reflect the additional (manual) tax amount you've entered.
Additional tax as a rule (multiple payruns)
**If you have previously set up your own rule for Additional Tax please ensure the GL code matches the GL for Federal Tax under COMPANY SETTINGS>PAYROLL OPTIONS>GL in order for it to be tracked and remitted correctly.
For all new setups follow instructions below:
- Log into your Payroll Account
- Now go to the EMPLOYEES section, click on the employee Profile and navigate to the Deductions tab.
Use the drop down box to select the Extra Income Tax deductions and click ADD.
- Now determine if you'll be taking a fixed amount ($) from each pay run or a percentage of their gross (%). Enter the amount or percentage and click SAVE.
- Now when you perform your next pay run, the additional tax will be deducted for the employee and will be reflected in you remittance reports.