This feature is available on the following plans:
|Green||Business||Accountant Starter||Business||Accountant Pro||EVOLV E1, E3, E5|
This feature does NOT create a negative bank file. If your clients are using ePay please contact us at email@example.com to ask to stop the payment to employees or return remittance amounts from the original run AFTER you complete the manual entry (if time allows). Fees may apply.
- Grab the JOURNAL report under REPORTS>EARNINGS>JOURNAL.
- Go to RUN PAYROLL (if you are prompted to end remittance period say no)
- Enter the dates exactly as they were on the incorrect payrun and select payroll type "Manual" and click Submit
- You will get an option to load standard payroll defaults.
- We recommend you say yes if the employee is salaried for easier entry. If the employee is time-based please click no.
- You will now see a list of your employees. Select the employee you wish to post manual entries for by clicking on their name.
- Using the JOURNAL REPORT from the original payrun enter negative numbers for each item that shows a positive number on the report.
* Note: NO calculations will be performed - be sure to enter the data exactly as you see it on the JOURNAL. In the summary section, please ONLY enter the negatives for Insurable Earnings and Vacation Earned (if the employee accrues vacation OR it is released each pay). All other items will be totaled from details entered below.
7. SAVE the entry in order to calculate the amounts for net pay. The Net Pay should now be an EXACT negative of the original net pay (which would total 0.00 if combined) **Only saved employees will be moved to the PAYMENTS step. Continue the payrun as usual to post any further employee entries.
8. Click on PAYMENTS step and you will see only those employees who were SAVED. Finish this payrun.
- This feature is only available to accounts registered with our accountant / bookkeeper partners. Please send a note to our support team if you need this activated for your clients.
- No payroll or other calculations are made using the manual entries using this feature
- Remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to stop ANY payments associated with the original payrun.